President – Kim Beatty
Monthly Meetings are held the 1st Tuesday of every month.
Holy Cross CWL was originally established as a Ladies Auxiliary in 1961 with Mary Lyons as President. At the suggestion of Rev. Matthew Darby the Ladies Auxiliary was formed into the Catholic Women’s League on October 28th, 1964, with Aletha Hansen as president.
The Catholic Women’s League is a national organization rooted in gospel values calling its members to holiness through service to the people of God. It is centered on Faith and Justice.
Our patroness is our Lady of Good Counsel.
Our parish league is made up of individual women. There are many officers within our own membership, for example we have a President, Treasurer, Secretary and many other standing committees at the parish level.
Our ladies contribute to the life of the church, family and community. We support and provide educational bursaries, family assistance, ShareLife, food bank, local charities and charities abroad.
Ladies from our CWL volunteer at St. Vincent’s Kitchen, Hospital Auxiliary, and Hillsdale Manor (at the snack bar and also at the monthly Mass). Our ladies provide funeral luncheons to bereaved families, provide an honour guard at their funeral, and we hold receptions for various church events. Our Annual Bazaar and Bake Sale are in support of our Church and Charities.
- You receive The Canadian Leagues magazine three times a year.
- You live your Christian values in service to your Church, Country and community.
- Membership is something worthwhile that makes the best use of your time and talents.
The C.W.L.’s objective is:
- To unite all Catholic Women in Canada.
- To promote the teachings of the Catholic Church.
- To uphold and defend Christian education and values in the modern world, and to contribute to the understanding.
- Growth of religious freedom, social justice, peace and harmony.
We invite all catholic women to journey with us in a sisterhood of faith, fun and fulfillment.